Text Size | Printer Friendly Printer Friendly
Share |

Legal Services in the News


09/18/15: Interactive Map: About 25% of NJ Residents Facing Serious Economic Hardship (from njspotlight) - Median income nears $72K but state remains one of most expensive places to live; 11 percent earn below federal poverty level.

08/17/15: Assaulted N.J. child welfare worker not surprised by new attacks (from NJ.com) - "Child protective service misuse of power is as rampant as police brutality and misuse of power."

06/30/15: Parents who battled addiction, mental health issues reunite with their children (from Fios 1) - Family Reunification Day, in New Brunswick, celebrates people who have successfully regained custody.

04/06/15: Clean slate: N.J. lawyers, court offices can help expunge criminal records (from the South Jersey Times) - The benefits I think are enormous, especially for an individual who has turned their life around.

03/31/15: The List: 10 Groups Still Helping New Jersey’s Sandy Victims Recover (from NJSpotlight) - For many NJ residents, Hurricane Sandy is yesterday's news; for others, it remains a day-to-day struggle.

03/12/15: Kean frat's donated house a 'breakthrough' for homeless family (from NJ.com) - "When we got the phone call, he said that he was going to donate a home for a homeless family, I literally took the phone away and looked at it, like, is this real?" said Freeman, founder and director of the Sierra House, an East Orange nonprofit serving homeless women.

02/04/15: New Foreclosure Procedures Put to Test as Number of Cases Climbs in New Jersey (from NJSpotlight) - While the foreclosure crisis eases in most states, NJ hits third-highest total since it started keeping records

02/04/15: MacArthur Introduces First Bill to Help Sandy Victims (Rep Tom MacArthur press release) - Today, Congressman Tom MacArthur introduced his first bill, the Disaster Assistance Fairness and Accountability Act of 2015, to fix FEMA’s recoupment process for disaster aid and protect survivors of natural disasters like Superstorm Sandy

01/20/15: N.J. data shows widening income gap, mirrors global trend (from NJ.com) - The wealth of the richest 1 percent will surpass that of the other 99 percent globally next year, Oxfam said in research ahead of today's annual World Economic Forum.

01/13/15: NJ may regulate dealers' use of vehicle-disabling devices over late payments (from Newsworks) - New Jersey lawmakers want to put the brakes on dealers and lenders who remotely disable the vehicles of customers who miss a payment.