NEW JOB OPENINGS:
Program: Legal Services of Northwest Jersey
Date: February 15, 2017
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Legal Services of Northwest Jersey, with offices in Somerville, Flemington, Morristown, Newton, and Belvidere, seeks two legal assistants.
Plus one or more of the following skills:
- Paralegal certificate or Associates degree in paralegal or legal studies, or comparable experience.
- Two or more years of experience in a law office environment.
- Impeccable ethical standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest.
- Fluent in written and oral Spanish
- Fluent in written and oral other language of our client community.
- Technical skills to manage LSNWJ’s social media platforms – website written in Word Press, Linked In, Twitter, Facebook.
Duties & Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- General support and law office work, including answering the telephone, greeting clients and applicants, making appointments, handling the tickler system, handling legal filings and service, maintaining attorneys’ court calendars, drafting and proofreading documents, handling incoming mail and faxes, handling outgoing mail, faxes and hand deliveries, and opening and closing files.
- Conducting applicant screening and intake.
- Traveling to and assisting at outreach and community education events.
- For bilingual staff:
- Conducting intake and other client communications in second language.
- Interpretation at client interviews, settlement conferences.
- Translation of correspondence and legal documents.
For social media/outreach staff:
- Maintaining LSNWJ’s social media and web presence.
- Preparing presentations, including PowerPoint presentations for outreach and community education events.
- Updating and revising LSNWJ’s print media, e.g., informational brochures, Annual Reports.
Opportunity to work in a community of experienced and dedicated legal services attorneys and staff. Comprehensive benefits. EOE. Email resume, references, and salary requirement: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Good capabilities of technology, including word processing, case database, calendaring and scheduling software, e-mail, Internet and legal software, social media platforms.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all members of the office staff and work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly and understandably.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for work-related travel or other means of fulfilling responsibility for work-related travel.
Program: Legal Services of New Jersey
Date: February 2, 2017
Job Title: Staff Attorney - Housing and Home Ownership
Legal Services of New Jersey, an Edison-based non-profit that provides free civil legal assistance to low-income New Jerseyans throughout the state, has an immediate opening for an attorney with experience in consumer, housing and home ownership related matters, for its continuing Superstorm Sandy recovery project. The best candidates will have experience in providing essential legal representation to low-income consumers in defending mortgage foreclosures, home repair contracts, Consumer Fraud Act claims and related consumer protection proceedings, and bankruptcy. Experience with federal and state disaster related assistance programs and other government programs will also be a major positive consideration. To be considered, submit a cover letter and resume detailing your previous experience in each of the highlighted areas, as well as all other experience in providing assistance to economically disadvantaged people. Indicate the states and year of bar admissions, include a clear statement of your salary requirements, and include three recent legal writing samples.
EOE. Send all information to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about volunteer openings.